Publications and Curriculum Vitae
Sense of Place (author), One Button Press/University of British Columbia, 2017
Ezekiel’s Wheel (author), Smithcraft Press, 2013
Winner of the Paul B. Duquette Memorial Award for Short Science Fiction, “Ezekiel’s Wheel” is the startling narrative of one Malachi B. Levin and his attempt to recreate the famed chariot described the prophet Ezekiel, the vehicle whose rims “were full of eyes round about.”
Steeped in kabbalah and the Jewish mystical tradition, this justly famous scifi short story evokes nearly as many different reactions as there are readers.
Yom Kippur as Manifest in an Approaching Dorsal Fin (author), Smithcraft Press, 2013
Songs from the Well: A Memoir of Love (author), Smithcraft Press, 2013
Bud the Spud (author), Axios Press, 2012.
Visit BudTheSpudBook.com for more information about this groundbreaking “children’s book” about the misadventures of a boy who ate too much junk food and watched too much TV.
Tellstones: Runic Divination in the Welsh Tradition (author), Smithcraft Press, 2011
Tellstones may be one of the least known (and certainly least documented) methods of divination to come down to us through the ages. Visit our Tellstones page for more information.
The Phoenix and the Dragon: Poems of the Alchemical Transformation (author), Smithcraft Press, 2007
The Phoenix and the Dragon is the latest collection from Adam, an award-winning poet, humorist, activist, and educator, and it may be his most personal and compelling work yet. Read more here.
The Oestara Anthology of Pagan Poetry (contributor), BookSurge Publishing, 2005
CrossTime Science Fiction Anthology (contributor), Crossquarter Publishing Group, 2002
Poets For Peace: A Collection (contributor), Chapel Hill Press, 2002
She of Ten Thousand Names (contributor), Spiral Publishing, 2000
Gainesville Community Haggada (co-editor). Moon Goddess Publishing, 1998
Short Stories, Essays, and Poetry
Connections (1998): “But the Sun of Man or Respite,” “Dance,” “Spring”
Yet Another Small Magazine (1999): “Recognizing Kali in a Young Girl”
Circle Magazine (2004): “Chant”
The Cover (2005): “Boone Tavern Hotel,” “Cleaning Up,” “Gabriel Erector,” “I Met Yoko Ono,” “Pits,” “Preparing a Meal,” “When Tibetan Monks Take It Easy”
Earth First! Journal (1988): “Come Dancing”
Touchstone 10 (8): “First Amendment Rights and Minority Religions: Sunday Afternoon at the Kosher Butcher”
Mighty Natural, vols. 5 and 6: “One Lost Child,” “Sara”
Literary Liftoff 3 (1): “The Play’s the Thing”
Scheherazade and the 1000 Arabian Nights (children’s). First produced June 2006, Henegar Theater, Melbourne, Florida (children’s)
Screenwriting and Acting
Linked (actor), 2006
Ill Service (actor, script doctor, creative consultant), 2007
Route 10 (screenplay), 2007
1999 Book Club of South Florida Poetry Prize
2006 EPPIE Award for Poetry in an Anthology
- 2019 to the present: College Board/Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ
Essay Reader/Scorer for the College Board AP English Language and Composition Exam.
- 2014 to the present: English/Speech and Debate Instructor, Brevard Schools, Palm Bay, Florida
Instructor, Bayside Engineering and Technical Academy, grades 9–12: Speech and Debate; Advanced Placement English Language and Composition; and Honors English. Speech and Debate Team coach, mentor, and faculty sponsor/adviser for service clubs.
- 2017–2018: English Faculty, Adjunct Instructor, Eastern Florida State College, Palm Bay, Florida
Instructor, Communications I, Writing and Rhetoric.
- 2008 to the present : Owner and Therapist, The Wellness Center, Palm Bay, FL
Integrative wellness clinic specializing in acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine, massage therapy, hypnotherapy, scotopic sensitivity, and herbal and homeopathic therapies.
- 2005-2008 : English Instructor, Brevard County Schools, Melbourne, FL
Teacher of integrated School of Choice and Gifted and Talented English/Language Arts program in eighth-grade using a workshop / peer-support approach with added Gifted Seminar programs. Coordinator for Language Arts Competitions.
- 2003-2005 : English Instructor, Broward Community College, Davie, FL
Instructor of Associates degree- level English curriculum using a format involving literature, discussion, analysis and formal and informal essays and research documents in standard academic form.
- 2002-2005 : English Instructor, Broward County School Board, Sunrise, FL
Teacher of integrated ninth and eleventh-grade English curriculum using a Florida Comprehensive Achievement Test format. Coordinator for Language Arts Competitions.
- 2002-2002 : English Instructor, Miami Dade County School System, Miami, FL
Teacher of tenth and twelfth-grade English curriculum using a workshop/peer-support approach.
- 2001-2002 : TESOL Instructor, Alamance Community College, Burlington, North Carolina
Instructor in Adult Education. Devised primary and secondary instructional and evaluative materials.
- 2000-2002 : Language Arts Instructor, Alamance Burlington School System, Graham, North Carolina
Teacher of a unified eighth-grade Language Arts curriculum for both Gifted and Exceptional students using a workshop/peer-support approach. Assisted in development of, and served on, Student Emergency Assistance Team.
- 1999-2000 : Instructor, City College, Gainesville, FL
Instructor in Adult Education for Reading and English.Classes included multicultural instruction.
- 1998-2000 : Owner and Literary Coordinator, Moon Goddess Bookstore, Gainesville, FL
Developed literature workshops. Presented seminars focused on Myth, Folklore and Sacred Texts/commentaries as well as derived customs and practices. Created reading groups. Lead poetry presentations. Coordinated book signings, readings and workshops/lectures by visiting authors.
- 1992-1998 : Case Manager Specialist, State of Florida, Department of HRS, Gainesville, FL
Case management and eligibility determination for economic and medical services. Established community service links and client education in broad life-skills and household management.
- 1990-1992 : Manager, Flower Power, Inc., Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Manager of Floral Chain. Managed inventories, ordered flowers and other floral products. Supervised employees both for in-store and out-of-store operations.
- 1985-1990 : Lecturer and Researcher, Museum of Science, Miami, FL
Researched, wrote, produced and delivered lectures and demonstrations in the natural and hard sciences to public and academic groups. Coordinated presentation projects and educational programs and special events.
- 1982-1986 : Paraprofessional Instructor, Miami Dade CC North, Miami, FL
Instructor in ESL and Developmental English.
- 1982-1986 : Instructor, English as a Second Language, Lexicon, Inc., Miami, FL
Taught English to speakers of other languages, planned lessons and tests for groups and individuals.
- 1998-2000 : Masters of Science in Education with specializations in English, Cross-cultural Communications, and TESOL (Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages
Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 1985-1988 : Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Florida International University, Miami, FL
- 1982-1985 : Associate of Arts, with honors
Miami–Dade Community College
- Decision Analysis, Brevard County Schools, Viera, FL
- Spoken Word Poetry Workshop, Broward County Schools, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Shakespeare in Performance, Kennedy Center Faculty/Broward Arts Center, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Readers’ Theater, Kennedy Center Faculty/Broward Arts Center, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Holocaust Educators/Survivors Project, Broward County Schools/Posniac Jcc, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Teaching the Holocaust and Other Genocides through the Humanities, Art and Literature, Broward County Schools and the Broward County Jewish Federation, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- College Board Advanced Placement for English Language, Nova University, Ft, Lauderdale, FL
- Criss Training, Miami-Dade County Schools, Miami, FL
- General and Advanced Semantics, Ethical Hypnosis Consultation and Training Center, Hallandale, FL
- How Not to Teach Poetry, with John Ciardi, Miami Dade Community College, Miami, FL
- Suicide Intervention Training, Alamance Burlington School System, Burlington, North Carolina
- Scotopic Sensitivity Certification Program, Irlen Institute, Atlanta, Georgia
- Teaching Certificate, Language Arts 6-12 with English as a Second Language Endorsement, Florida
- Scotopic Sensitivity Screening and Evaluation
- National Board Certification in Hypnotherapy
- Founder, The Really, Really Free Market of Melbourne and Palm Bay Florida